Call (888) 927-4185
Hello, my name is Jason Mandel.
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes several years ago. I wasn’t managing my care very well and ended up hospitalized. It was a huge wake-up call personally and professionally – I’ve worked in the insurance industry for most of my career, but never realized exactly how difficult it was to get life insurance for people with serious health issues like diabetes.
I turned my problem into a professional passion.
Diabetes is a manageable condition. Yet I discovered that many insurance companies charge people with diabetes too much for life insurance, or even make it impossible to get the coverage they need. It made me angry. It also made me passionate about helping other people with diabetes to get the necessary coverage – and peace of mind – they and their loved ones deserve. This is now the focus of our work as insurance advisors at Tower Strategic Group.
If you can answer “No” to these 9 questions, you will be qualified for term life insurance without needing to take a medical screening exam:
- Do you require the assistance of another person in performing any of the following activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, walking or continence?
- Are you currently hospitalized, confined to a nursing facility or receiving hospice care, or using oxygen equipment to assist in breathing?
- Have you been diagnosed by a licensed member of the medical profession as having a terminal illness or life expectancy of 12 months or less?
- Have you ever been diagnosed, treated or prescribed medication by a licensed member of the medical profession for:
- AIDS/ARC or previously tested for HIV for the purposed of obtaining insurance?
- Alzheimer’s dementia, muscular dystrophy, schizophrenia, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), Huntington’s disease, cirrhosis, cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, organ transplant, or had kidney (renal) failure or dialysis?
- Congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiomyopathy, defibrillator, pulmonary fibrosis or pulmonary hypertension?
- Leukemia, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or more than one occurrence or metastasis (spreading) of cancer (excluding basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer)?
- In the past 2 years, have you been diagnosed, treated, or prescribed medication by a licensed member of the medical profession for insulin shock, diabetic coma, eye or kidney (renal) problems due to complications from diabetes?
- In the past 5 years, have you received medical treatment or counseling for, or been advised by a physician to discontinue, the use of alcohol or prescribed or non-prescribed drugs?
- In the past 5 years, have you been convicted or pled guilty to any felony, or are you currently on probation or parole?
- Are you currently involved in a bankruptcy that has not yet been discharged?
- Are you on active duty in the military or reserves or have you received notice of deployment or are you currently deployed in a hazardous area or war zone territory?
Call (888) 927-4185 for a quote on coverage amounts and costs or complete this form and I will reach out to arrange a call at your convenience.
*These fields are required
Disclaimer: In addition to serving individuals with diabetes, Tower Strategic Group also provides a variety of insurance coverages for other individuals, families, and businesses.